CafeX Communications®, a leading supplier of mobile and web engagement solutions, today introduced Chime, next-generation software that makes intuitive video collaboration available to all business users for up to 70% less than today's systems. A finalist for this year's Best of Enterprise Connect Award, Chime connects to existing video conferencing systems and fulfills WebRTC's open promises by reaching every user securely on every browser with no software to install.
Enterprises often face a number of challenges when deploying video conferencing products, such as high bandwidth consumption, expensive MCU ports, complex architectures and incompatibility between systems. Users usually have to download additional software, which in turn needs to be managed and updated on an ongoing basis. Chime is a new kind of collaboration solution that breaks down these barriers to help foster improved teaming, productivity and innovation.
Key Features and Benefits
- Reduces total cost of ownership by as much as 70% over today's video conferencing systems;
- Helps teams collaborate from anywhere with voice and video conferencing, web chat, document and presentation sharing;
- Fulfills promises as yet unmet by WebRTC with delivery of real-time communication for every browser with no software to download or manage and no video transcoding;
- Requires up to 75% less network bandwidth for video traffic and optimizes MCU port usage by 50%-80%;
- Protects existing enterprise investments by connecting to video conferencing room and desktop systems from Cisco, Microsoft and other leading platforms;
- Flexes to support cloud or on-premises architectures with monthly subscription pricing to ease onboarding by large enterprises down to small business;
- Provides a simplified architecture that ensures secure connectivity through the firewall, with server consolidation and no required footprint in the DMZ.